Several fully autonomous vehicles, featuring an array of sensors, processors and software will be running demo laps of the M1 Concourse track at AutoSens, as well as brief technical overviews by their owners/developers.
Visitors and press are invited to see first-hand what the latest technology can do and talk to the engineers developing the full vehicle systems. In this intimate venue dedicated to hosting AutoSens, attendees have time to get up close and hands-on with the vehicles to learn about how they operate.
Attendance is complimentary, but you do need to register for this session.
- Date: May 23, 2017
- Time: 2pm – 5pm
- Location: M1 Concourse, North Track – please check in at the main AutoSens Registration point, directions will be provided
Which vehicles are being showcased?
The demo will feature a Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles that have been converted to autonomous by Dataspeed, featuring a full sensor array and GPS and RTK functionality. Vehicles will run autonomous laps of the track, and their technical staff will be onsite to explain how the technology works.
- If you’ve never been for a ride in a car that can drive itself, you are in for an extraordinary experience.
- A rare opportunity to get a hands-on experience in a fully autonomous vehicle, alongside the engineers who have implemented the technology.
- You can watch videos and read about self driving cars all day, but there’s nothing to quite match the experience of sitting in a car as it drives itself around the track, navigating the corners with ease and identifying objects along the way.
- You will get up close and personal with the technology, and gain unparalleled insight into the systems that make self-driving cars tick.
Only at AutoSens, Detroit (May 22-25, 2017)
Combining the track demos with the technical conference at AutoSens is a unique experience. Connecting theory with the real world application is always difficult to achieve in a technical conference environment, but by bringing both of these elements together at M1 Concourse, you can hear the latest technical developments and insight into the world of autonomous vehicles, while putting that into context by experiencing the technology in action in the demos.
Who are Dataspeed?
Dataspeed is the world leader in adapting mass-production vehicles to autonomous functionality, and will talk you through how the self-driving system works. The vehicles have been developed with the highest level of technical expertise, so engineers at all levels will benefit from exposure to this state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle technology show-case.