Visitors and press are invited to see first-hand what the latest technology can do and talk to the engineers developing the full vehicle systems. In this intimate venue dedicated to hosting AutoSens, attendees have time to get up close and hands-on with the vehicles to learn about how they operate.
Watch what you could experience at AutoSens Brussels with our short introduction to driverless vehicles with Dataspeed
Only open to AutoSens Conference attendees.
- Date: September 19, 2017
- Time: 10am – 10pm
- Location: Parc du Cinquantenaire, AutoWorld Brussels
Please note: This event has proved very popular and the demand for demos is high. In order to prevent long waiting times, please arrive at the following times as per your company name:
10:00 – 12:00: company names starting with A – E
12:00 – 14:00: company names starting with F – J
14:00 – 16:00: company names starting with K – P
16:00 – 18:00: company names starting with Q – Z
You will not be granted access to this demonstration without showing a valid booking confirmation.
Which vehicles are being showcased?
DataSpeed’s R&D platform provides a base-level of control over a production Ford Mondeo (or Fusion), enabling you to focus 100% on sensors, sensor fusion and algorithm development – instead of worrying about robotic control. Their integrated control system is 100% out of sight, augmenting a standard factory vehicle with the ability to accept robotic instructions using industry standard tools such as ROS, as well as providing hardware tools to interface with common positioning systems such as lidar, radar and GPS to enable path recording and playback in a closed R&D environment, and a power management system to support various equipment voltages. The quality of integration into the vehicle’s native systems allows for safety drivers to re-take control at any time during the vehicle’s use, ensuring seamless manual oversight, and a rapid deployment capability.
Note: Due to the nature of the demonstration area, the vehicle will be demonstrating GPS record and path-following only.
- If you’ve never been for a ride in a car that can drive itself, you are in for an extraordinary experience.
- A rare opportunity to get a hands-on experience in a fully autonomous vehicle, alongside the engineers who have implemented the technology.
- You can watch videos and read about self driving cars all day, but there’s nothing to quite match the experience of sitting in a car as it drives itself around the track, navigating the corners with ease and identifying objects along the way.
- You will get up close and personal with the technology, and gain unparalleled insight into the systems that make self-driving cars tick.
Only at AutoSens, Brussels (19-21 September, 2017)
Combining the demos with the technical conference at AutoSens is a unique experience. Connecting theory with the real world application is always difficult to achieve in a technical conference environment – by bringing both of these elements together at AutoWorld, you can hear the latest technical developments and insight into the world of autonomous vehicles during the conference, while putting that into context by experiencing the technology in action with the demonstrations.