By engineers, for engineers, that’s our mantra. We’ll bring you a range of workshops, demonstration sessions, high level presentations and panel discussion that address the issues of today and tomorrow for engineers and research managers working on vehicle perception.
We all know that the long-term plan is to bring fully autonomous vehicles to the masses, but the AutoSens Advisory Board have been assembled to ensure that these meeting agendas are relevant to the hardware and software engineering challenges faced by OEM, Tier 1 and Tier 2 companies.
Themes to be addressed will include:
- Developments in sensor technologies, including LIDAR, radar, infrared and spectral imaging
- Sensor fusion, including validation challenges and discussion of different combinations of sensors
- Functional safety and testing, including real world versus virtual validation
- How much can simulation emulate reality?
- Image quality and standardisation
- What is needed to realise V2X and V2V
- Camera developments/challenges/HDR requirements
- Image processing requirements
- Evolution of algorithms
- Deep learning/computer vision and incorporating AI into embedded system
- Regulation/ethics considerations for self-driving vehicles
- Driver monitoring systems
- Human factors in sensor design
- Operational capability and making tactical decisions to stay within OC
Call for Papers – AutoSens 2018
The call for papers for Detroit is now closed, and we will now accept submissions only for Brussels.