FOCUS: Addressing 5 key challenges for autonomous vehicle simulation
Want to watch this free session?
Sign in or create a free AutoSens account to access content and get the latest news and special offers.
It is widely accepted that simulation is a necessity to achieve the safe validation of high level ADAS and autonomous vehicle technologies. Current simulation capabilities are worlds apart from just a few short years ago. But what are the remaining challenges? How might they be resolved?
Watch this session to understand…
- A digital twin is required for the vehicle, the virtual world and the ego vehicle including all (relevant) components, but how detailed does this need to be?
- How correlated to reality does sensor simulation need to be?
- Can we run massive simulations on the cloud to gain insight into performance?
- Is it possible to “turn on a switch” and let an optimization program determine the best design?
- Can we find critical scenarios (edge cases) without driving millions of miles?
We are bringing together an expert line-up of speakers and panellists to address these challenges.
Join us on Thursday 15th July at 5pm BST to hear these technical perspectives on sensor simulation challenges and to have your own questions answered on this complex and important topic.
- Get expert insights from Google, who have created the world’s most advanced digital twin of the Earth via Google Maps and Google Earth.
- Hear some of the latest research from a leading automotive OEM using simulation to accelerate their R&D processes.
- Understand how to tackle some of the most challenging simulation scenarios with the latest software.
- Get up to speed on the latest technical capabilities and future challenges.
Who is this session aimed at?
- Engineers at OEMs or Tier 1s working in testing and validation of ADAS and autonomous vehicle systems.
- Engineers working with sensors who want to know about the latest simulation technologies.
- Anyone who is interested in how Google Earth / Maps is using sensor data to build their virtual world.
An AutoSensPLUS+ subscription is required to watch this video on demand.
Presentations, panel discussions, interviews and more from all AutoSens events, with brand new content streamed both live and on demand.