Lidars have been around since before the invention of the laser and have recently become more prominent because of possible applications to autonomous vehicles. Initial applications were mostly for defense, and NASA also had strong interest for wind sensing. Lidars consist of a transmitter, optical systems to point the beam on transmit and receive, receivers, and processing.
What You’ll Learn
- You will learn the types of Lidar systems
- You will learn how to design a lidar, with some emphasis on auto lidars
- You will learn about lidar transmitters
- You will learn about Lidar receivers
- You will learn about optical beam steering for lidars
- You will learn about testing lidars