During a virtual ceremony, we announced our twelve 2021 AutoSens Award winners and silver awards! With a shortlist of impressive nominees, our expert panel of judges had a hard task to determine the Gold and Silver Award winners. With all of our nominees on screen to record their reactions, the Awards were presented by Robert Stead, Managing Director at AutoSens.
If you missed the Awards you can watch the ceremony highlights – coming soon.
2021 Award Winners
2020 Vision Award
- Gold Award: Luis Dussan, CTO and Founder, AEye
- Silver Award: MPC team from Mercedes-Benz and LG Electronics
The judges said… the winner Luis Dussan had a very innovative approach to align camera and Lidar with same optical path and same field of view. This will enable true sensor fusion.
Best in Class Software for Perception Systems Award
- Gold Award: SVNet by StradVision
- Silver Award: Eos Embedded Perception Software, from Algolux
Hardware Development of the Year Award
- Gold Award: LGE Front Multi Purpose Camera
- Silver Award: OAX4000 from OmniVision
The judges said… LGE definitely deserves a recognition in this category. Not only did they win Daimler’s front sensing business against established Tier 1s but they industrialised this camera. Well done.
Most Innovative Application or Deployment of Computer Vision
- Gold Award: DTS AutoSense
- Silver Award: Thermal Ranger from Owl AI
The judges said… We’ve had first hand experience of a fully working DTSAutosense solution. It is a very unique approach for looking at facial features and how they drive the DMS applications forward.
Most Novel Research
- Gold Award: Research of novel processes and metrics to link the optical quality of camera sensors to the performance of AI algorithms prevalent in ADAS/AD, by Professor Alexander Braun
- Silver Award: End-to-end High Dynamic Range Camera Pipeline Optimization, by Algolux
The judges said… Professor Braun has been doing some really great work on automotive imaging optics, simulation and other key areas of sensing and we want to celebrate his work.
Most Exciting Start-Up (voted for LIVE during the Ceremony)
Gold Award: Steradian Semiconductors
Silver Award: Scantinel Photonics
A huge congratulations to all the winners and runners up. The competition this year was huge.