Streaming live and online this year, the AutoSens Awards are here to celebrate the accomplishments of the best and brightest working in the ADAS and autonomous vehicle industry. Thirty nominees have been shortlisted, from companies continuing to innovate through the challenges of 2020.
In response to the current circumstances, we have shaped this year’s awards to focus on personal achievement and teamwork, and the success of these contributions in both a technical and human way. This year’s Awards includes the ‘Product of the Year Award’ which has been voted on by our Community. The Awards are vital in bringing our Community together to celebrate and will also help us focus on what we can do to support one another as we move forward into 2021.
Winners will be crowned across four categories:
- Young Engineer of the Year Award – A shining star, and influence of the future.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – An icon of technical merit and achievement.
- 2020 Vision Award – An engineering visionary, inspiring progress throughout the vehicle perception ecosystem.
- Product of the Year Award – The stand-out innovation of the last 12 months, which has been voted on by the AutoSens Community.
The Awards Ceremony is taking place online on the 10th December at 4pm GMT (8am PST, 11am EST), and will be judged by our panel of experts. All winners will be included in an exclusive feature by EE Times.
Long-standing AutoSens Judge and Principal Image Quality Engineer at NVIDIA, Robin Jenkin, says:
“It’s important to recognize the leaders and innovators that are spearheading our industry, especially during a year of unprecedented challenges. As a judge for the AutoSens 2020 awards, the choice is more difficult than ever because this year’s nominations are so strong and I’m delighted to be involved in something that celebrates achievement in our community.”
The Awards will be hosted by Peter Wardell, one of the UK’s most accomplished and hilarious magicians. He honed his skills in London’s Covent Garden before becoming the first magician to win BOTH the Stage Magician and Close-up Magician of the Year Awards at the World famous Magic Circle and has also been awarded the coveted Carlton Award for Comedy.
Finalists in each category are:
Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Felix Heide, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Algolux
- Alexander Tyshka, Software Engineer Intern, Dataspeed Inc
- Clementine Francois, Chief Scientific Officer & Co-founder, Phasya
- Abhinav Valada, Assistant Professor and Director of the Robot Learning Lab, University of Freiburg
- Lucie Yahiaoui, Computer Vision Research Engineer, Valeo
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Albert Theuwissen, Founder, Harvest Imaging
- Paul Kane, Algorithm Development Engineer, ON Semiconductor
- Peter Burns, Managing Director, Burns Digital Imaging
- Norman Koren, Founder, Imatest
2020 Vision Award
- Felix Heide, Co-Founder and CTO, Algolux
- Eyran Lida, Co-founder and CTO, Valens
- The engineers behind MIPI’s Automotive SerDes Solutions (MASS)
- Dr. Abhinav Valada
- Petronel Bigioi, CTO, Imaging, Xperi Corporation
- The Bright Way Vision Team
- Boaz Mizrachi, and the Tactile Mobility Team
- Phasya Team
- TriEye Team
Product of the Year Award
- Algolux: The Atlas Camera Optimization Suite
- AEye: 4SightM Mobility
- OmniVision Technologies: OVM9284 CameraCubeChip
- ADASKY: VIPER
- Bright Way Vision: VISDOM
- StradVision: SVNet
- Mercedez-Benz: My MBUX
- Seeing Machines: Guardian BdMS
- ForeSight Automotive: QuadSight vision system
- SmartSens: SC100AT Automotive Sensor
- RoboSense LiDAR: RS-LiDAR-M1
- Jungo Connectivity Ltd: Jungo CoDriver
What some of our nominees are saying…
“A great recognition for my 10-year innovative and exciting work to improve the safety of tomorrow’s vehicles and people through driver monitoring.” Clementine Francois, Chief Scientific Officer & Co-founder, Phasya – nominated for the Young Engineer of the Year Award.
“I am honored to be considered for the AutoSens Lifetime Achievement Award, alongside such prestigious colleagues. Many thanks to the Autosens community for including me.” Paul Kane, Algorithm Development Engineer, ON Semiconductor.
“Thank you AutoSens for this nomination. It is a pleasure to contribute to imaging with colleagues such as those on the shortlist.” Peter Burns, Managing Director, Burns Digital Imaging – nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award.
“When I merged my passion for fine art photography with my technical curiosity to start an image quality software business, little did I imagine where it would lead. Meeting needs and solving problems for widely divergent sectors of the imaging industry, from medical endoscopes to mobile imaging to aerospace, and especially automotive– our largest growth area– has been both a thrill and a challenge. Along the way I’ve learned some profound lessons, like don’t start a high tech software company at age sixty if you want to retire early. Apparently I didn’t. I’m honored to be on the shortlist.” Norman Koren, Founder, Imatest – nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award
I am honoured to be a finalist in the AutoSens Vision Awards and to be in such distinguished company. Innovating imaging technology is what I have dedicated my career to, and I am grateful to my teams of engineers and visionaries that have been part of my journey. What makes this recognition particularly meaningful is the mission that is behind the technology: saving lives by making vehicles safer, all while improving the overall in-cabin experience. Petronel Bigioi, Xperi Corporation – nominated for the 2020 Vision Award.
“We are honored that Eyran Lida’s research and development of high-speed data transmission for ADAS and autonomous cars is being recognized by the AutoSens Automotive Award committee. Eyran is a true visionary who is making monumental strides towards standardizing a safe and resilient in-vehicle connectivity solution. This recognition is a testament of his ingenuity and the impact it will have on the future of safety in the Automotive Industry.“ Gideon Ben-Zvi, CEO, Valens – Eyeran Lida is nominated for the 2020 Vision Award
We sincerely appreciate the nomination of MIPI Alliance for the 2020 AutoSens Vision Award. The development of MIPI Automotive SerDes Solutions is the result of so many dedicated MIPI members who have created this vision of SerDes standardization for the automotive industry. It is an honor for their work to be nominated for this award.” Peter Lefkin, MIPI Alliance Managing Director.
“This a great recognition of our vision for improving safety through driver monitoring systems.” Phasya team – nominated for the 2020 Vision Award.
Being nominated for the AutoSens Award means something to our team. Beyond vision and sensing technology excellence, we care about bringing safety to road users and driving AV and ADAS clarity in darkness and all weather conditions. Ofer David, PhD, Bright Way Vision – nominated for the 2020 Vision Award.
Autonomous vehicle industry and research community, as well as the groundbreaking work shaping the industry today whose impact will last for years to come. We look forward to the Awards ceremony on December 10. Felix Heide, Co-Founder and CTO, Algolux – nominated for the Young Engineer of the Year and 2020 Vision Awards.
Awards Sponsors in 2020
[show-logos orderby=’rand’ category=’Awards’ activeurl=’new’ style=’boxhighlight’ interface=’hcarousel’ tooltip=’false’ description=’false’ limit=’0′ filter=’false’ carousel=’true,3200,false,false,500,10,true,false,true,0,0,3′]