AutoSens Awards Winners crowned for 2018
At a dazzling awards ceremony held in one of the iconic spheres of the Atomium in Brussels on September 19th 2018, the industry’s most accomplished figures mixed with the new entrants looking to make a splash by winning an AutoSens Award. Professionals from across the international realm of automotive technology gathered at the Atomium to celebrate the brightest minds, best companies, smartest organisations and most influential projects.
Part of the international AutoSens vehicle perception conference and exhibition, the Awards, now in their second year, were judged by a world-class panel drawn from OEMs, Tier 1s and Tier 2s, industry organisations and academia to assure a robust process.
Winners and Silver Awards went to….
Watch latest videos from AutoSens on YouTube
► Human behavior prediction for autonomous vehicles by Sid Misra (AutoSens Detroit 2019)
► Autonomous Vehicle Navigation in Snow Using Ground Penetrating Radar
► AV Maps: How High is High-Def, How Real is Real-Time?
Most Engaging Content
- First place: Junko Yoshida, EE Times
- Silver award: Marco Jacobs, videantis
- Silver award: Stephan Giesler, 2025AD
Hardware Innovation Sponsored by IMS
- First place: Robert Bosch
- Silver award: Renesas Electronics
- Silver award: OmniVision Technologies
- First place: Algolux
- Silver award: Brodmann17
- Silver award: Prophesee
Most Exciting Start-Up Sponsored by Nextchip
- First place: AEye Inc
- Silver award: Metamoto
- Silver award: Arbe Robotics
Game Changer Sponsored by Dibotics
- First place: Marc Geese, Robert Bosch
- Silver award: Intel Corporation
- Silver award: NVIDIA & Continental Partnership
Greatest Exploration Sponsored by ANSYS OPTIS
- First place: Prof Alexander Braun of the University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf
- Silver award: Ding Zhao of Carnegie Mellon University
- Silver award: Prof Philip Koopman of Carnegie Mellon University
Best Outreach Project
- First place: Udacity
- Silver award: North West Advanced Programming Workshop Programme (NWAPW)
- Silver award: Detroit Autonomous Vehicle Group
AutoSens Inspiration Award
- Winner: North West Advanced Programming Workshop Programme (NWAPW)
Robert Stead, Managing Director of Sense Media Group, Director of the AutoSens Awards was delighted with the event: “Nominations almost doubled compared to last year’s event, so it was a difficult task to whittle down the shortlist, but we are very happy to have such an exciting winners list of industry trail-blazers including those at the forefront of development of vehicle perception systems. The AutoSens Awards do much more than simply recognise individual and corporate technical innovation, we also have categories covering academic achievement and educational programmes, an increasingly important aspect of this industry as we strive to inspire and equip the next generation of engineers.”
Shortlisted nominees for 2018 comprised of Mentor Graphics, Toyota Motor North America, CSRC, Rini Sherony, NXP Semiconductors, Cepton, Velodyne Lidar, Dibotics, Civil Maps, Dataspeed Inc, Immervision, Hailo, May Mobility, Ouster, Siddartha Khastgir, WMG, University of Warwick, Kalray, Prof. Nabeel Riza, University College Cork, Cranfield University Multi-User Environment for Autonomous Vehicle Innovation (MUEAVI), Professor Natasha Merat, Institute for Transport Studies, Dr Valentina Donzella, WMG University of Warwick, DIY Robocars and RobotLAB
Entries for 2019 are open!
NEW for 2019! We have updated our awards categories to align with the changing dynamics of the autonomous vehicle perception industry, in turn increasing the opportunities for more entrants to go home with a much coveted AutoSens Award.
Read latest news and updates from AutoSens
- Top Take-aways from AutoSens Brussels 2019 ~ 21 September 19
- Prestigious AutoSens Awards ceremony honours innovation throughout the vehicle perception industry ~ 18 September 19
- Outsight launch at AutoSens ~ 3 September 19