AutoSens Awards 2020
We are refocusing our Awards in 2020 to celebrate people and the value they contribute to our daily lives. This year, our Awards will feature four categories to recognise individual and team contributions in both a technical and human way:
- Young Engineer of the Year Award – A shining star, and influence of the future.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – An icon of technical merit and achievement.
- 2020 Vision Award – An engineering visionary, inspiring progress throughout the vehicle perception ecosystem.
- Product of the Year Award – The stand-out innovation of the last 12 months, voted on by the AutoSens Community.
We believe these four awards will bring the community together, help us to focus on what we as individuals can do to support others, and celebrate outstanding achievements in our industry.
The Awards ceremony will take place online on December 10 at 4pm GMT, and will be judged by our panel of industry experts.
We are pleased to announce that all winners will be included in official coverage in an exclusive feature by EE Times on the AutoSens Awards.
Young Engineer of the Year Award
A shining star, and influence of the future – the award will be presented to a young engineer under the age of 35, who is judged to have demonstrated great achievement and leadership within the ADAS and autonomous vehicle industry and research community.
- Felix Heide, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Algolux
- Alexander Tyshka, Software Engineer Intern, Dataspeed Inc
- Clementine Francois, Chief Scientific Officer & Co-founder, Phasya
- Abhinav Valada, Assistant Professor and Director of the Robot Learning Lab, University of Freiburg
- Lucie Yahiaoui, Computer Vision Research Engineer, Valeo
Lifetime Achievement Award
An icon of technical merit and achievement – this award recognises the career-long contribution of a person whose technical brilliance and science/engineering achievement has brought about significant improvement in their chosen specialism.
- Albert Theuwissen, Founder, Harvest Imaging
- Paul Kane, Algorithm Development Engineer, ON Semiconductor
- Peter Burns, Managing Director, Burns Digital Imaging
- Norman Koren, Founder, Imatest
2020 Vision Award
An engineering visionary, inspiring progress throughout the vehicle perception ecosystem. This award may be won by either a team or an individual who is shaping the industry right now, and whose impact will last for years to come. Their 2020 Vision is our inspiration for the future.
- Felix Heide, Co-Founder and CTO, Algolux
- Eyran Lida, Co-founder and CTO, Valens
- The engineers behind MIPI’s Automotive SerDes Solutions (MASS)
- Prof. Dr. Abhinav Valada
- Dr. Petronel Bigioi, CTO, Imaging, Xperi Corporation
- The Bright Way Vision Team
- Boaz Mirachi, and the Tactile Mobility Team
- Phasya Team
- TriEye Team
Product of the Year Award
The stand-out innovation of the last 12 months. This award will be voted on my the AutoSens Community during the autumn series of events in 2020. The ‘people’s choice’ for best product innovation.
Awards Sponsors in 2020
Industry experts represent our world-class Judging Panel. The line-up includes top technical experts, representative of the full supply chain from OEMs to academia.
About the Awards
The AutoSens Awards are the highlight of the global vehicle perception world social calendar. Showcasing the greatest design, technical and marketing innovations within the automotive imaging sector, the awards celebrate individual contributions, team efforts and company excellence, as well as exploring academic endeavour, start-up excitement and corporate genius. Participation in the virtual Awards ceremony will be free for all members of the AutoSens Community.
Sponsorship Opportunities at Awards
AutoSens Awards will attract widespread B2B and B2C press with extensive coverage for winners and sponsors.
Read the latest Awards News & Interviews
- AutoSens Awards to recognise personal achievements in 2020
- Prestigious AutoSens Awards ceremony honours innovation throughout the vehicle perception industry
- AutoSens Awards 2019: Finalists Revealed
- Regulatory landscape for autonomous driving in the US
- AutoSens Awards Winners crowned for 2018
“Winning an AutoSens Award would give our organization a highly respected platform that recognizes and showcases the incredible progress Arbe has made.” Shlomit Hocohen, VP Marketing at Arbe Robotics
“It’s a great honour to be recognized by the AutoSens Awards committee for our technology and the problems we solve! The AutoSens community lies at the exciting intersection of sensing, imaging, and computer vision. Our primary focus is on automotive imaging and computer vision at this very intersection, so we understand there are many innovative startups in this space to choose from and we’re thrilled to be seen as one of the most exciting ones out there.” Algolux
“Winning the AutoSens Award will further expose our technology to a wider audience, and accelerate the impact on the lives of many more people with safer cars and fewer accidents.” Brodmann17’s VP of Marketing, Keren Bargay
“We were thrilled to be announced as finalists for the “Most Exciting Start-Up” category of the respected AutoSens Awards (in 2018). We view this as reinforcement to the importance of an efficient deep learning processing infrastructure to the industry.” Hadar Zeitlin, Co-Founder and Chief Business Development at Hailo